Friday, November 15, 2019

My struggles with losing weight

I’m 5’3” and most of my adult life I have averaged around 120-125. While at that weight, I always thought I was fat; which is laughable now in hindsight.

My husband and I got married and we went through that “honeymooner” phase where I went up to 135. I knew I needed to work it off but wasn’t as dedicated as I should have been.

I ended up getting pregnant and this is where my nightmare of a weight struggle started. I went from 135 to 201 by the end of my pregnancy. Eating ALL the time was the only thing that kept me from feeing nauseous. In the back of my mind, I knew I was getting way too big but I also thought, “Eh, I’ll work it off.” I had worked off a little bit if extra weight when I was in high school, and it fell off quickly; but what I didn’t realize was the direct correlation of that was that I was a teenager and my metabolism worked a lot more quickly back then.

I never realized how hard this journey was going to be.

I was 191 postpartum, and the scale got stuck at 185 for me, and that was beyond devastating. I got to the point where I just gave up. I cried a couple times. I was extremely depressed. I couldn’t fit into jeans comfortably. I did not want to look at myself in the mirror. I felt as if my entire identity had changed, I was once pretty decently confident, and was to the point where I didn’t even have a shred of confidence left in me.

Instead of continuing my pity party, I scrolled through everyone’s stories on this sub, and it kept me motivated. On the days I didn’t feel like exercising, I would look at all of your before and after photos and then go and get my ass on the treadmill to do daily cardio.

I did 3 miles on the treadmill daily for a while there, but had to scale back because my daughter is getting more antsy as she grows and doesn’t want to sit still as long while I am exercising anymore. The scaled plateaued again,, and I almost went back into that pity party mode, but I tried out some intermittent fasting to get back on track and this morning I woke up to a scale that finally said 160.

It was honestly such a great feeling. I’m close to halfway through my weight loss journey and there are plenty of times where I didn’t think I would get to the point I am at now. It’s been a roller coaster of finding what works for me, but I am finally getting closer to where I want to be and even though I am still at least 30 lbs up from where I want to be, it feels great to look in the mirror and not hate my reflection.

The dedication and the stories I see on this group always keep me going, even when I feel like giving up; so I thought I’d share mine.

submitted by /u/GlitterPlatypus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/359RkgB

No comments:

Post a Comment