Sunday, November 3, 2019

Needing help with restrictive diet

Hey guys,

So I (23F) suffer from PCOS along with some other hormonal issues that are untreatable for various reasons, and cause me to gain weight very easily and make it extremely difficult to lose any. I have a BMI of 40, was referred to a bariatric clinic, but was rejected due to my ADHD as they believed it would interfere with my treatment. I'm being given no other alternative, and am stuck in a vicious cycle in which I know that my hormonal issues will improve once I lose the weight, but these same issues are preventing me from doing so.

I hope you can take my word that I've been eating a well balanced diet created by a nutritionist I was referred to by my doctor for years, calorie deficit, swimming 4 times a week, and still no weight loss.

Now, I have managed to shed some pounds in the past through very restrictive crash diets. Unfortunately, I always end up dizzy, groggy, depressed, and feeling sick.

I'm sure there are other people on this sub who have been forced to lose weight under very restrictive dieting for medical reasons. So my question is, what did you guys do to prevent feeling sick and having mood swings throughout the day?

I don't have much issue with cravings, I go through the day not touching anything outside of my meal plan and not even feeling the need to, so that's not really an issue for me. What I severely struggle with though is feeling so tired that I can barely move, and feeling anxious and angry on these restrictive diets. Because it takes so much restriction (under 1000 cals/day) to lose any weight at all, I don't know how to go about losing weight and still managing my day to day life. Any and all help would be much appreciated!

submitted by /u/Nutelladela
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34lxPRy

No comments:

Post a Comment