Friday, November 22, 2019

NSV: My hacking cough is gone!

M/33/5'11" here, been losing since early June (down to 209 from a little over 300, with 29 more pounds to go), and I've noticed an awesome side effect of my weight loss. Back in the summer of 2016 I came down with pneumonia for about a week, and after it cleared up I noticed that I retained this violent, hacking cough that I had developed (one that I also had back in 2014 for a short time). I thought it would go away on it's own after a while, but three years later it still persisted, with me even coughing so much early last year that I fainted for a few seconds and gave myself a black eye. I went to the doctor and got an x-ray done on my chest, with the results coming back normal. I had no idea what was going on. Well now, over three years later, I'm happy to say my cough is gone! I don't know if it's the weight loss that helped, the better diet, or both, but it feels great to not have a hacking, breath stealing cough anymore. I guess that goes to show what happens when you eat less/better, go to the gym and get your weight down to a more manageable level. Needless to say I highly recommend getting into shape as a means of potentially helping an ailment you have that you can't quite remedy. Might not work for everyone, but it's worth a shot!

submitted by /u/TheNuckiestNucky
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2D8FN5i

No comments:

Post a Comment