Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Progressing well, but loose skin?

I really started focusing on weight loss this spring/summer when I stepped on the scale and it tipped 225.

Small bit of background: I am 5’3”, 49 yo and have had four children. I’m through menopause and unable to take any hormone therapy. I have an underactive thyroid and am on daily meds for same.

I started walking 1.5-3 miles per day, time permitting; bought a rowing machine for the house and returned to cooking from scratch daily vs. processed or going out.

Currently I weigh in at 164, have gone from a 2x to a 12.

Still walking daily, still rowing 3x per week and thrilled where things are going.

However, I have so much loose skin that I am really struggling to find the joy in my unclothed body. I have moments where I wonder if heavier didn’t look better, aesthetically.

I understand that I have lost a considerable amount in a relatively short period of time and also recognize that I probably have 20-30 pounds to go before I will feel more comfortable in my body.

All of that said, other than hydration and continuing with my exercise are there ways to help facilitate the tightening of some of this? I don’t think surgery would ever be something that I could justify, so I am hoping that there are other things that I could do as well?

Thanks in advance. I know I don’t post much here, but know that you all have been an inspiration for me, and I have been so grateful for this group.

submitted by /u/geekgirl717
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36VXbb0

No comments:

Post a Comment