Saturday, November 16, 2019

So... does anyone else find that baking satiates their sweet cravings?

Just baking, not actually eating any of it (aside from a single-bite taste test)?

If I have a craving for chocolate and want to eat a sleeve of tollhouse cookies, I’ll go buy some ingredients (chocolate chips, m&ms, anything I might not have on hand at the moment) and I’ll make cookies from scratch. I might also get fancy and do a coffee cake or caramel pretzel brownies or something... tonight it was a chocolate cake. And somehow the process of making the dough and batter and icing, baking it all, and cleaning it all up just takes care of the cravings that I had. I rarely have, and rarely want, more than a single bite of anything that I bake. I usually bring most of it into work the next day and leave it out and it’s always gone before I leave for the day.

I love this strategy and I think, oddly enough, baking has helped my weight loss AND made me a better baker (my fiancĂ© is another story—he jokes that I “transfer” my cravings to him, since he’s the one who ends up eating a lot of what I make lol. He’s 10x more active than me and super lean, though, so I don’t feel too bad about it).

submitted by /u/lizard_windowpane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qb50sY

No comments:

Post a Comment