Friday, November 8, 2019

Some fun quotes from my parents [rant]

I need to vent. You guys, I'm struggling. I'm in therapy for binge-eating disorder but it's proving to be a hard road. My parents, especially my mom, are thin and proud of it, so the second I gained boobs and a butt around age 12/13, I was under scrutiny. I had a relatively normal weight until 21 (135lbs at 5'4", hourglass figure) then I spiralled. I just wanted to post some memorable quotes from my parents as a way to get it off my chest. Here are just a few off the top off my head. Coincidentally, I'm not at all surprised I'm struggling with weight loss... some venomous part of me doesn't want to give my parents the satisfaction of conforming to their ideals... Not looking for advice, just ranting!

"Are you NOT eating right now because you're afraid I'll say something about it?" (Continues to eye me throughout dinner)

"Honey, I'm not sure you noticed, but you need to do something. No company would hire you looking like that."

"Don't be mad for pointing out your weight. I'm just looking out for you. It's like if I had a stain on my shirt, I'd want someone to tell me."

"Look, I worry you'll be unappealing to men. You just look very unpalatable."

"Hmm.... you don't look as fat from this angle."

"I'm under 110lbs!" (Mom said proudly after getting nearly skeletal during cancer treatment)

"We must've gained weight. How should we punish ourselves?" (After having a 'guilt-free' apple pie after lunch)

submitted by /u/AffectionatePanic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CoTP28

No comments:

Post a Comment