Thursday, November 21, 2019

That overly supportive guy at work. I'm not being too sensitive, am I?

I just got home from my shift and am about to go to bed, but this is bothering me. I'm down about 30 pounds and my co-workers have noticed. I get a few "you got this girl"'s from time to time, which is nice. Then there is Lionel.

Lionel is very supportive. He's also lost around 30 pounds in the past so he understands how hard it is. He's just a bit too friendly and invested in my weight though. He asked me three or four times a week how my lastest weight in went. I get a high-five regardless of whether I deserve it or not. He's not coming across as a creeper, just a lonely old guy who just delighted we know have this in common now. I am open about my weight loss and don't mind talking about it, but the near-daily updates are starting to make me uncomfortable. To be clear, I in no way think he is dangerous or being sexually intimidating. I think he really does mean well. It's just, well, a bit but much, and kinda feel mean for feeling that way.

This doesn't seem like a run off to HR situation to me. I really am not sure how to handle this. Has anyone else had to deal with this sort of thing?

Off to bed now, I'll have to briefly answer some questions before work when I wake and take more time tomorrow night.

submitted by /u/Annie_Benlen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37rSk1B

No comments:

Post a Comment