Thursday, November 14, 2019

Trying a new approach to weight loss. Daily goal focused!

I want to lose 100 pounds. I have tried a lot of fad diets over the years (with binge and purge cycles leading to increased weight gain) and have come to identify as having a food addiction.

My approach this time has been to focus on one thing only: daily goals. I’m really focusing on overcoming my overrating addiction with calorie counting.

I saw a post on this sub about the importance of looking at the silver lining when restarting your weight loss journey, mainly what spoke to me in that post was leveraging all your past experience to approach things even more prepared. I’m choosing to see this change as a long term transition towards a new lifestyle of balanced eating. I’m also really trying to honor my past experiences to create an approach that feels possible to sustain long term. So thanks to everyone that engaged on that post recently!

I’m also feeling very intrinsically motivated about this goal this time. I haven’t felt exclusively motivated by setting long term “incentives” beyond getting to feel better and less concerned about my health risks. I am really curious to see how my body feels if I stop over eating to the point of discomfort... all the time. I know it is so important for my body, future, and family.

I’m using MFP and already am learning so much about food by taking this approach. I’m aiming for just 1 pound lost a week right now in my MFP calculations and am holding myself accountable to staying in my calorie range. *Edited to add: Whereas in the past I had focused on losing as much as I can as fast as I can through really unhealthy approaches that were absolutely unrealistic for me to sustain.

Little takeaways: - eating more vegetables makes you feel like you’re eating a lot more food (which you can because they’re so low in calories!!) - walking just 20-30 minutes can add a lot of calories to your day! - some of my favorite meals are totally “allowed” because I am eating more reasonable portions (aka restricting food groups sucks and isn’t sustainable, but smaller portions is!) - cooking 2-3 days worth of meat and vegetables at a time makes it a lot easier to incorporate those foods into meals - whole wheat bread and pasta is doooppeee - I feel so much more comfortable after eating because I’m intentionally budgeting my calories across the day and not overeating in any one meal - vegetables > chips for snacks = just as convenient, for way less calories, and very tasty snacks! - YouTube videos from women who have lost 100+ pounds is super inspiring - leaving my food scale on the counter makes it super easy to remember to just weigh it out to get it accurate

Anyway... wanted to share to see if others have taken this day-to-day calorie counting goal to overcome their overeating habit/food addiction? And tbh for accountability and community! :)

submitted by /u/oregonchk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32KV7PH

No comments:

Post a Comment