Thursday, November 14, 2019

25 lbs down so far!

21F 5’10” SW:200 CW:175 GW:160

Yay!! I’m finally down 25 lbs and hopefully on my way to losing 15 more. I have always been slightly “overweight” (according to BMI not BF%) and really muscular. I played rugby for 7 years: collegiate and internationally. I worked out a lot and ate a lot. I had a 25% body fat percentage which wasn’t unhealthy (before I stopped playing). I accepted that I couldn’t change my body. I thought it was the way I would always be. I felt unhealthy (because of what I ate) and I was unhappy with how my body looked for a long time. But I had never really been “skinny” or “fit” in my life, I didn’t think it was possible.

My life blew up this year and I turned to improving all aspects of my health. I’m a graduate student in a medical field, it helped me run out of excuses to not become my healthiest self! What has worked for me is CICO and cardio. Running has always been a mental therapy for me, I just used to not be able to do it as long as I can now! For the past 4 months I’ve been running 3x/wk and trying to eat anywhere from 1200-1500 calories a day. I buy a lot of produce and make a bunch of tasty low calorie meals. Im now incorporating strength training at least 2x a week. I felt like in the beginning the pounds were melting off, now it’s getting harder and harder. But I understand that slowly I’ll get there!

It’s been so rewarding really taking care of all aspects of my health. A lot of people have commented on how happy and healthy I look. I’m excited to continue this journey. I know it’s not the most drastic weight loss, but this has been so beneficial in my life! I am passionate about how important your physical health is in every aspect of life. I love reading this subreddit and seeing all of the other people actively taking care of their physical health, and trying to change their lives!

SW v.s. CW

submitted by /u/peachybiatch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qVm8Tc

No comments:

Post a Comment