Thursday, November 14, 2019

Stress/Depression Weight Loss

Attempted to post on r/fitness but I guess it broke Rule #0? Here's attempt #2.

So, I'm posting this because I am at a loss for I can do to get to a healthier weight and lifestyle. If anyone has any advice/recommendations/tips on how I can find a plan/regimen that I can try, I would great appreciate it.

My story is by no means unique. My weight gain corresponds directly to my stress level and depression. And as much as I would like to lower the amount of stress in my life, I honestly don't see that happening because I'm a law student. To make matters worse, I was recently diagnosed with depression which makes sense because in the last 18 months, I have lost my father, uncle, and grandmother in three completely unrelated deaths. So in order words, there's no way to get out the stress/depression mode I am in (though I am open to any recommendations).

I feel like I have tried everything: keto, IF, calorie counting, low-fat, vegan, raw, etc. And my weight continues to slowly go up. I just found out that I am now officially "overweight" for my height and weight (I'm 5'2 and weight 150lbs). While I don't enjoy how I look, the worst part is honestly all the medical issues are a direct result of this weight gain. My migraines have gotten significantly worse. I'm pretty sure I've got an ulcer. And the list goes on...

To make matters worse, I use food as a source of comfort. Always have. Im also terrible at any sort of sport and thus am hesitant to do anything physical in public because as I kid I was teased for lack of kinesthetic ability. These issues coupled with the fact that I am buried in books and papers all day has resulted in a fairly sedentary lifestyle.

And so I'm writing as a last ditch attempt to get any sort of advice. Or maybe even as a cathartic attempt to express everything that's been built up for the last year and a half. Anything is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/nyben0607
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CIodob

No comments:

Post a Comment