Wednesday, November 20, 2019

What in the name of the weight-loss gods is going on?

So I've been overweight almost my whole life (F/40/CW188). Not mahoooosively overweight, but between 30-50lbs overweight for as long as I can remember.

I've lived a sedentary lifestyle for years, maxing out at 2-3k steps a day, no exercise. I haven't gained any weight in years, just stayed at a consistent 50lbs overweight.

About 10 weeks ago, I recruited the help of a fitness trainer friend and have been following a plan of exercise - at least 10k steps a day, 30min intense cardio a day and weight training 3x per week.

I haven't lost an ounce.

Can someone explain how in the name of the weight-loss gods how one does not lose any weight at all when obviously increasing the number of calories burned through activity?

I know that the majority of weigh loss happens outside the gym, but how is it actually possible that someone as sedentary as I was, now expending way more energy every day and not eating any more than I did when I was sedentary, doesn't see any weight loss at all after 10 weeks?

submitted by /u/ArmyOfMe99
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37qigub

No comments:

Post a Comment