Friday, December 27, 2019

Do you tell someone you're dating you were overweight/obese?

So I am a 24 year old girl and recently started dating (mostly tinder). I am close to 110 lbs and 5'1". I also exercise a lot, mostly team sports, but a little bit of fitness. I however used to weigh 180 pounds, so as you can imagine I have some loose skin. It's not too bad when I am standing, but I don't look as tight as most girls my age. However I was dating someone that I noticed was kind of focused on looks from the beginning. He made some remarks about how I must have a great body and stuff. I didn't really say much about it. So I didn't tell him I lost a lot of weight, because it didn't really come up and I also don't like to really talk about it, because I am not particularly proud that I used to weigh that much. Now when he came to my house he saw a picture of me when I used to be heavier. I kind of saw a change in his demeanor and I don't know what to think of it. Should I have told him sooner or? He still wanted to sleep over after, so I let him, but now I feel like I won't see him again and the reason will be that I didn't have the body he thought I had. I am kind of sad about it, not because I thought he was the one, but it's just frustrating that after losing all that weight I still feel ashamed about my body. And I want to keep working out because that makes me happy, and to improve my body as well, but I know I will never look like I would have looked if I had never let myself go as much as I did. How do you guys deal with weight loss/loose skin and dating? Do you tell people? Do you think I should have?

submitted by /u/DontKnowWhatToType3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZtfReV

No comments:

Post a Comment