Monday, December 30, 2019

How to overcome Metabolic Adaptation?

Info - 22M / Height - 6ft / Start Weight - 328lbs / Current Weight 278lbs

I started with my weight loss around June, but during the last month or so despite continuing to remain at a calorie deficit of 800 (according to MyFitnessPal) I haven't lost any weight during the last month. Therefore, I think im not actually at a deficit anymore and my metabolism has just adapted to a reduced calorie intake.

My daily intake is 1900calories and that's what I have been consistently hitting every day on average. Admittedly, I have not been doing any exercise other than generic stuff you would normally do in day to day life but I'm very much sedentary.

I don't think I fully understand what I'm talking about, so correct me if any of this is wrong. For me to get back to losing weight, do I need to increase my TDEE through actual exercise? e.g. doing 500 calories of exercise per day, puts me at a 500 calorie deficit. Would this then cause metabolic adaptation that would increase my BMR by ~500 to the point where if I stopped exercising, I would remain at a 500deficit compared to my BMR (until my body readapts to requiring only 1900 calories again).

Thanks for any advise.

submitted by /u/IwTlWfTt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37f0ycq

No comments:

Post a Comment