Thursday, December 26, 2019

Weight loss when you're an emotional eater?

Hi Loseit community

I've gained a bunch of weight over the past six months. I'm not super overweight, but I'm the biggest I've ever been, and for the first time in my life my BMI is overweight rather than normal.

I think the reasons for my weight gain are mostly emotional. I've been really unhappy with where my life is at, and after a while I started feeling powerless to change it. I used to love cooking, but eventually I felt like I just didn't have the energy to shop and cook and clean, so I started eating out more and the weight piled on. Also my work is super busy, so I stopped going for walks at lunchtime and started just grabbing sushi from the office cafe and walking back to my desk. Also also, I've always loved food and been a comfort eater. But now I'm comforting myself with chocolate bars and regular dinners out, instead the homemade dishes I used to make myself which were much healthier.

So I want to change things, I know the way I'm living isn't healthy, partly self-soothing and partly self-destructive. But I'm worried that I'll keep eating like this for as long as I keep feeling like this. It's so hard to do the simple things I used to do to stay nourished and, yes, thin. It's also hard to believe that change is possible, it just seems so hopeless. Has anyone made changes when you're really down? Do you have any advice for me?

P.S. Before anyone asks, I was first diagnosed with depression about 13 years ago. I guess now that I think about it I could go back to my doc and tell her I'm having a flare up.

submitted by /u/aurelia_86
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2sjHXwQ

No comments:

Post a Comment