Saturday, December 28, 2019

So cold all the time after 70lb loss!! Is it my heart failure or my body fat?

Hi, I lost about 70lbs in the past year and I was also, separately, diagnosed with heart failure (low ejection fraction, low blood pressure) most likely due to persistent tachycardia from an electrical malfunction.

I went from being someone who’s hot all the time, all my life, even when I was around this weight I’m at now (145lbs/65kg at 5’3”/160cm). I gained weight from 2007-2017 up to about 220lbs/100kg). Obviously at my biggest I was extra hot and sweaty all the time, but I’m from a cold area and was always pretty immune. I ran hot and didn’t need blankets or jackets. Of course some of that is more recent memory when I was heavier, but.

I hit 145lbs in July and was fine temperature-wise (yes it was summer). In September my cardiac symptoms changed a little bit but my temperature started dropping (yes the weather got colder). My cardiologist hasn’t identified anything new that would cause it.

I am SO COLD all the time now. It’s not a long sleeved shirt, it’s two shirts, long underwear, a sweatshirt, two pairs of socks and a jacket with the heat turned up past 70. My feet never warm up, ever. I take a couple hot showers a day and scald myself.

My girlfriend is cold like this and has been all her life - she only weighs around 100lbs/45kg at 5’8/175cm. When we first met before I lost weight I thought she was crazy with her hot water bottle. I was hot all the time around her and constantly warming her up. Now I’m colder than she is (and not nearly as thin).

Has anyone else experienced extreme cold after weight loss? I know it’s common to feel a little colder but I went from one extreme to another and I’m WAY colder than even super cold people now, and typical people can’t stand how hot I need to be.

Any thoughts appreciated. Yes I know ask my doctors but I’m also looking for personal experience. Thanks.

submitted by /u/jamesbuck
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/353sdf0

No comments:

Post a Comment