Friday, December 27, 2019

Hunger fluctuations and calorie counting

About me: 25F, 5'5", sw: 149 lbs, cw: 142 lbs, gw: happy, fit, & healthy (but MyFitnessPal is set to 120 lbs)

I've been using MyFitnessPal since November and am on a 1240/day calorie goal plan with intent to have at least 20 minutes of activity daily. I try to 'go hard' on exercise 2-3 times a week, pushing for a run or HIIT cardio workout, and do a combo of walking, yoga, or online Barre daily. I have struggled with losing weight in a healthful, mindful way in the past, so this time around I am trying a few new tactics:

  1. If I want something that is 'unhealthy,' I allow myself a serving and eat it slowly so I really taste and enjoy it.
  2. I try to eat when I am hungry, not when I am bored.
  3. My water goal is 120 oz / day
  4. I believe cravings are often indicative of dietary imbalance, so I try to honor the cravings. Like supposedly a salt craving could be indicative of low calcium, so I have some almonds and usually feel better.
  5. Whole foods, lean proteins, whole grains, and cooking at home almost always.
  6. If I have hit my calorie goal, but am still genuinely hungry, I eat something else.
  7. Alcohol is limited to 1-2 servings on the weekends and/or special occasions.
  8. I am trying to make a sustainable lifestyle change rather than temporarily diet.

After about a month of doing this, I've noticed I have 'hungry days' where I'm just voracious, usually corresponding with harder workout days. I know this makes sense from a 'food is fuel' perspective: you burn it, you need to refuel.

Here are my questions: Will I still see results if I eat more on days when I work out? How flexible should I be with the calorie counting? Sometimes I eat closer to 2000 calories total on hungry days, all healthy foods, but will that hurt my goals? I also have 'not hungry days' where I come in under my calorie goal (700-900 total daily intake), but I've read anything under 1000/day can be unhealthy. Should I push to eat on those days even if I'm not hungry?

Thank you for reading this post, any advice is greatly appreciated. Best of luck on your own weight loss and/or fitness journey!

submitted by /u/lulubellish
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37fhakm

No comments:

Post a Comment