Sunday, December 29, 2019

Remember to focus on other life goals alongside weight loss, not after

I'm approaching 1 year of weight loss come January and in that time I've last around 85 lbs! I'm incredibly proud of myself and my accomplishments. In 2020 I plan to hit my goal weight of 175lbs, lose any additional weight I decide on and to continue on my path of getting fitter and healthier. I've genuinely never felt better both mentally and physically in my life. But I have some glaring issues that I'm still struggling with.

I'm 19 and I've been overweight since I was a kid and I do NOT have a nice body. Because of my self-confidence and body issues, I've not truly been in a real relationship, I've always held myself back. The thing is I thought that losing weight would fix that, and truthly i guess it could because I still have 40+ lbs to go but I have this gut feeling that the issue is deeper than that.

It might not seem like a big deal given my age but to me, it's like half of my life has been deeply affected by my bad lifestyle. Despite the fact the past year has been tuned to improving that lifestyle, I still haven't conquered those issues and I'm really scared I'll be writing the same thing this time next year. If you're looking to lose weight, please remember to treat any other issues you have alongside, don't assume weight loss will fix them, because while it might, or at least it could certainly improve them, it's also very possible it won't affect them at all. Heck in my case, the lack of physical changes despite big numbers is almost furthering my issues.

submitted by /u/chrisd848
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2svHbgr

No comments:

Post a Comment