Friday, December 27, 2019

[NSFW] I’m going to stop seeing my loose skin as a consequence and instead start to love myself and my body for what it is and what I have accomplished.

Loose skin after 91-pound loss (NSFW for bare midsection): https://i.imgur.com/usjbGgb.jpg

I’ve posted about my loose skin after my 91-pound loss. I’m 18 years old, female, and 5’3. I started at 230 pounds, I’m now 139, though I’m sure I’ve fluctuated a few pounds up thanks to having to eat more to stay on my feet at work 60 hours a week, plus the holidays totally obliterating me. Anyways, I have a lot of loose skin. Mostly on my belly. A couple months ago, I was looking at my thighs and panicking, thinking they’d gotten bigger, because my pajama leggings seemed a bit snug. But I had not gained weight. Turns out, when I felt around my thighs, it was more loose skin. My skin on the insides of my thighs was wrinkly and beginning to sag down to where my leggings felt snug. I was relieved. It was just loose skin!

I posted about being in the park without a shirt despite the loose skin on my stomach. It was liberating for me. I don’t regret that, and sometimes, I’ll remove my shirt on warmer days when I’m running. It’s no longer a big deal. But now, I’m being even more pressured to remove all my loose skin because I have more now: on my arms, thighs, butt, and belly.

Here’s the thing. For all those out there who have worked their asses off for the body they have now, loose skin or not, whether you’ve hit your goal or you’re halfway there, you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do. You don’t have to put your body through trauma because of some loose skin. I like to joke around about mine and call it my “pillsbury dough rolls” and squeeze it, because it gives my mom the absolute creeps to look at it. I try to make light of it; it’s only skin! It’s not life-threatening, and it’s actually a little fun to poke at when I’m bored and browsing reddit.

At first, I was extremely self-conscious about it. Like, I would cover it up as much as possible to prevent anyone from seeing it because it was wrinkled and and 18-year-old’s body should NOT look that way. But for hell’s sake, I worked my ass off for 16 months to earn this! It’s not about what happens to me, it’s how I deal with it. I choose to deal with it by poking fun at it and accepting it for what it is: loose skin.

I’m working on loving my new body and myself as a whole for the way I am now. I thought this saggy skin was a consequence, but a consequence is usually a result of a wrongdoing. I did nothing wrong; I did something right, and this is just a result. That is all it is. If I want it removed in the future, I’ll have it removed. For now, I want to enjoy my weight loss to the fullest. I can wear the most adorable and funky clothes I want, in almost any size I want, and I can go for a run without feeling as if I’m going to pass out because I can’t breathe. And at what price? A few pounds of extra skin? That’s all? It’s really nothing to be ashamed of.

So no matter what anyone tells you about your skin and body, love yourself and be proud that you’ve gotten to this point. I’ve said this once before, but it’s more relevant than ever; love yourself. And screw what anyone says. They aren’t going to pay for skin removal, they don’t have to live in your body, and they didn’t help you lose weight. YOU did that shit. YOU made it happen. YOU get to choose how you feel about your journey and yourself as a person.

And if you ever need a laugh, poke that loose skin and say “it’s just dough.”

submitted by /u/CeCesReesesPieces
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/353Rg1e

No comments:

Post a Comment