Friday, December 27, 2019

How do you stick to your weight loss goals when your partner is trying to gain weight?

I'm a 5'2'' female, 150lbs trying to get down to 130lbs. I work out a couple times a week, but I know the problem is my diet. Trying to aim for under 1500 calories a day.

Meanwhile, my (much fitter, gym-loving) boyfriend has a fast metabolism and is trying to gain/maintain muscle mass, which for him means 3000+ calories a day. For this reason, our pantry always has quick calories like chips, bagels, frozen waffles, cereal, etc. He's super supportive of my fitness goals, but sometimes it feels like he gets to eat all the time, while meanwhile I'm trying to suppress my cravings.

When we eat dinner, obviously his portion sizes are twice as big as mine - but my brain sees his plate, then mine, and I always want to eat more.

In reality, I know that he sometimes feels like he's force-feeding himself in order to reach his daily calories which is not exactly enviable, but I love food and find it difficult to stick to healthy foods and portion sizes as it is. Any tips on overcoming this mental block?

submitted by /u/thecrayonisred
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZCSNup

No comments:

Post a Comment