Monday, December 30, 2019

NSV: I beat my high school mile time!

Never thought I'd do it this fast, but I did it. I kind of half-heartedly thought maybe I could do it today, and I did! 6:44, beating my high school time of 6:53 by nine seconds. I guess all those miles on the treadmill running at incrementally faster speeds has paid off (not to mention my weight loss). At the gym, after my workout, I'll hop on the treadmill and run a mile. What I'll do is for every tenth of a mile, I'll up the speed by .5 MPH. I'll stop at .3 miles and power walk until I get to half a mile, and do the same thing until .8 miles, and then for the last tenth of a mile I will sprint as fast as I safely can. I've been doing that for a few months now and I think it's been helpful in increasing my stamina and endurance. I also think that by getting rid of all my extra weight through CICO, cardio weight lifting I'm having an easier time being able to carry myself through the whole run. It's crazy, back during the summer I could barely run for a full minute without getting winded and sweaty, and now I can run the full mile without hardly breaking a sweat. I was so proud of myself, and to think that high school was fifteen years ago.

submitted by /u/TheNuckiestNucky
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/35cuch4

No comments:

Post a Comment