Thursday, December 26, 2019

Need some advice (currently 286lbs)

Hi all, looking for some advice on what I'm currently doing. But first some back story!

I was 315lbs about 3 months ago, since then I have started to count what I've been eating and joined a Gym. But I have a question about if I am doing the right thing or whether there is more I need to do.

I eat around 1600-1800 calories most days, and lately I've been only lifting at the Gym as cardio hurts my knees a lot. I've been doing a 4 day split which I do a morning heavy lift then the same muscle group at night as a lighter higher rep set until failure. Breakdown below:

Day 1: Chest & Shoulder Day 2: Legs Day 3: Biceps & Triceps Day 4: Back

My question is I'm heavily overweight as you can see, will I still be able to lose weight by only lifting weights and eating between 1600-1800 calories? Or am I eating too little calories? I don't really watch my macros but I do take a protein shake ofter my morning heavy lift.

The end goal for me is to get to around 200 pounds, and gain lean muscle mass while I'm at it. I've been told a lot that I should only do carido as I will lose weight faster etc, but I can still lose weight only lifting heavy right? Or will my weight loss plateau?

Again open forum here so please any advise would be great!

submitted by /u/Willis_gets_fit
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SAaKrE

No comments:

Post a Comment