Thursday, December 26, 2019

The fear of losing weight (small rant)

Hi there, day 1 for me. Current stats: 25M, 6’0”, CW 340, GW 220.

I have been wanting to loose weight for some time now but never really had a good place to start. I’ve tried things in the past to loose weight but I’ve never had the discipline to stick with it. The one thing I have been able to continue with my wife’s help is not drinking soda. I went from drinking close to 2L per day to nothing overnight. I still crave it over a year later but I’ve done it none the less.

Well now I am a father of 2 wonderful kids and I want to be around for a long time to see them grow up live their lives with more energy than their dad did. And I don’t want them to know their dad as fat and lazy. So I’m not sure where to start. I know of different diets I can try but I’ve heard they had lasting negative effects on the body, so I don’t know how to start eating healthy and enjoy it. I’ve also never stepped foot in a gym or done any working out since high school 8 years ago so I don’t want to injure myself with this. But as far as fears go I feel like those are trivial because I can figure something out that works for me.

I’m genuinely scared of losing weight because everyone has always known me to be fat. My wife is the kind of woman that has told me she prefers a teddy bear at night to sleep with, and if I lose weight will she still like me for me? And my mom and grandma both had gastric bypass surgery for their weight loss and I don’t want my mother to have bad feelings towards me because I’m doing it my way instead of the surgery that they’ve both told me I should get as well. I don’t want her to think I feel superior because of it because I know everyone’s journey is different.

All I want is to have more energy and stamina. I don’t really care about putting numbers to it, but I don’t want to be out of breath by just carrying my infant’s carrier to the car. And after writing this out I know I’m just insecure about it, but this is new territory for me and way out of my comfort zone. Maybe I don’t need help starting. Maybe what I need is some reassurance that what I’m doing is the right thing from people that I care about the most.

submitted by /u/weirdo-with-beardo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EUR2z0

No comments:

Post a Comment