Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Motivated to continue my weight loss journey! Getting back at it :)

Hi everyone!

Super excited to (re)start and document my weight loss journey here and there with you this upcoming year! I wanted to share with you all because I thought it may motivate me. After reading through others' posts, I see everyone here is so lovely and encouraging! Thank you!

Just a few things: I am 27F and five feet tall. :P

Here is the basic outline of my story:

- end of 2016: at my heaviest, I was at about 160 lbs.

- start of 2017: down to 142 lbs.

- end of 2017: down to 132 lbs.

- start of 2018: down to 129 lbs.

- end of 2018: up to 135 lbs (I met a man, lol).

- start of 2019: down to 130 lbs.

- mid 2019: 124 lbs.

Today, the scale read 126 lbs. My weight will fluctuate anywhere from 122-126 lbs these days.

Although my weight loss has been super slow, I don't mind the pace and I'm usually positive about the progress. However, despite being at my lowest weight or so, recently I’ve been very unhappy with my weight, looks, and overall health. I miss feeling good about my health and shedding a few pounds little by little, which I think made me look happier and energetic.

The main issues: I saw a nutritionist during the summer for some extra help, but I haven’t been eating according to her guidelines. Plus, I haven’t been exercising much at all. Even when I was heavier (2017-2018) I was eating better, running up to 12 miles in one go (my best!), weight lifting--and oh my goodness, I miss all that!

My plans are simple: I'm going to start following my nutritionist's guidelines and ease back into running and other strength training exercises.

I don't have a hard-set goal weight (maybe 110 lbs, but it's okay if I don't get there). I’m not really going to focus on the number of calories I eat or burn, how much I lift, my body fat percentage, etc. It's not something I really want to focus on; I never have. That might explain the slow weight loss, but that's okay. It was best for me. Of course, I get excited when the number on the scale goes down, when my body fat percentage goes down, or when I see that I'm running more miles, etc., but I don't personally keep track. I got the numbers above from my medical records.

Anyway, my main goal is to do what's best for me to be healthy and feel my very best. :) I think that will translate positively towards my looks and attitude.

Thank you for reading!! I would appreciate any of your experiences, similar (or not) attitudes, or words of encouragement.

submitted by /u/meow_eye
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2FaFho8

No comments:

Post a Comment