Friday, December 27, 2019

Struggling to keep my weight down due to chronic pain.

A quick recap of my weight loss journey so far: I weighed 198.4 lb at my heaviest in 2014. My BMI was 33.4. I lost 77.1+ lb in 2015 and weighed as little as 114 lb at my smallest (19.2 BMI). I adjusted my caloric intake a little and my weight went up to a more healthy 121.2 lb (20.3 BMI) which I managed to maintain for the next several years.

However, in 2017, I developed chronic migraines and daily persistent headaches, both of which have reduced the quality of my life significantly and made it difficult to stick to my previous caloric intake. I can't even work or go to school at the moment, that's how bad it's gotten. I spend every waking hour in some level of pain which makes me depressed. Skipping meals or eating too little makes me more susceptible to having migraines, so I have to eat something every 2.5 to 3 hours. It's very difficult to diet at this point in my life and there doesn't seem to be a solution in the horizon. Future is looking bleak.

I made a post in August announcing I was going to get "back on track" as my weight had began to slip. In an ideal scenario, I would've hit my goal weight by now, but it's only gotten worse since then (I weigh 134.7 lb now) and I can no longer find the motivation to maintain a healthy weight. I'm living in constant pain and I want nothing more than to be free of this pain. I feel like I can't focus on these other aspects of my life when just being awake is a struggle.

I have failed, just like the doctors who refuse to treat me.

submitted by /u/thisnewyears
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q0Sh5W

No comments:

Post a Comment