Sunday, December 29, 2019

Eight days postpartum - starting the weight loss journey again!

I just wanted to share my experience with weight gain and loss in case it's helpful to someone else.

When I decided to have a baby, I was pretty worried about the weight gain and how it would affect my self-image; how difficult it might be to get it back off.

I lost 38 pounds in 2016/ 17 to go from 5'2/ 138 to 100 pounds. Then I maintained it up until getting pregnant in April 2019.

I gained about 60 pounds in my full-term pregnancy. My OB/Gyn was never concerned since I started off on the leaner side, but I was pretty concerned!

I came home from the hospital last week at 154 (having checked in at 161 pounds). I'm happy to say I'm down already to 144 pounds. A lot of it was water and a lot more comes off so easily with breastfeeding.

Overall, it's been a super positive experience. I'm happy I went through with trying to conceive despite my body image fears, and for me at least it has been a wholly better experience than I expected and I would not be afraid to have a second pregnancy and gain the weight again.

Anyway, I looked all over before having the baby for some perspective and didn't find much so hopefully someone finds this helpful. I've got a long way to go still but I'm feeling upbeat about it.

submitted by /u/financequestionsacct
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/356uW7k

No comments:

Post a Comment