Saturday, December 28, 2019

Phantom Fat?

So...I lost a lot of weight in the past twoish years - 75lbs (34kg) and most of that this year alone. I've done it through exercise...a lot of it...and controlling calories as well as just being aware of how much I'm eating - so I've been there mentally for the whole process.

I've gone from about a size 16 to a size 2/4...but I still feel HUGE. People comment that I'm tiny but I just....don't feel it most of the time.

I've been big my entire life, constant bullying as a child, comments from family, the whole nine yards so self esteem has never been great.

My husband tells me how good I look and when I look at before and after photos I can tell that I've lost a substantial amount. I just still look in the mirror and see the fat woman I've been for 20+ years.

I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same or has felt the same "phantom fat" kind of thing and how they moved forward.

TL DR: Difficulty accepting new body shape and size after substantial weight loss. Any tips?

submitted by /u/CarpeDiem729
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q8QQml

No comments:

Post a Comment