Thursday, December 26, 2019

An offhand comment has made my click how big I'm actually getting.

I joined this sub on a whim, I like reading about weight loss and how everybody does it but I never thought too hard about losing weight. I haven't been uncomfortable with my weight in a good few years.

However, last night my mam made a flippant comment about how when I put on weight, like her, all of the excess weight goes to my belly. I held myself together for the rest of the time I was at hers because she isn't wrong and she was a bit merry (we had a few gins; fuck it, it's Christmas), but once I left I actually burst into tears. I had no idea I was even gaining weight, or I was just ignoring that the zip on my favourite dress bust open and broke a couple of months ago. I've only gone up a dress size in the past 2 years but ultimately I know I haven't been a healthy weight since I was about 18 (I'm 23 now).

I don't know specifically how much I weigh - my guess is around 200lbs - but the calorie counting starts now. I'll have a goal weight once I know how much is healthy for somebody of my height. I have a history of disordered eating so I don't want to be unrealistic. It sucks that I've let myself go but I'm grateful that somebody's actually pointed it out, albeit accidentally.

submitted by /u/rubberstilettos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SsKiQI

No comments:

Post a Comment