Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Starting my weight loss journey (rant)

I'm starting my journey to lose 20 lbs. I had to buy new jeans today because my old ones are too tight. I honestly would be fine with even just losing 15 lbs just so I can fit into those jeans again. And I want to gain back the strength and flexibility I used to have.

I started out very athletic and pretty thin... Ten years ago I was 100 lbs (4'11 height) but have consistently gained weight every year and if I don't stop that now, it'll continue to get worse. I'm 130 lbs and so I'm not saying I'm huge, but I've also had to deal with a mother obsessed with diets. There's literally not one day she has ever gone without talking about weight, diet, etc. And I've never been that way, but as I've hit 130 lbs, I find that I don't like my body anymore, I can't do all the regular things as easily anymore (climbing stairs), and because I'm getting older also, just generally more insecure of my body. I'm also very obsessive with certain things and I can totally see myself gaining a disorder from counting calories. But I know the best way to lose is to do that.

I started working out today with my boyfriend. He's very encouraging but also has a sweet tooth and I do, too. He's really skinny so he'll eat whatever. It's hard for me to be healthy when he's eating something delicious right in front of me.

Anyway that's my rant.

submitted by /u/arieltheginger
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34Tjmwm

No comments:

Post a Comment