Saturday, December 28, 2019

Toxic Family and Temptation Everywhere!

I'm a uni student and I just recently started trying to lose weight in November. I'm morbidly obese, and lost 10 lbs in the first month. However, I have seasonal affective disorder and decided to spend my whole winter break of about a month down south with family where its warm and sunny.

my whole family, except for my older sister, is obese or overweight, and their daily diet is leading to me gaining weight back because every day im being offered pizza, chips, bread, pastries, brownies, flan, hot chocolate, etc. I turn down many of them, but if i turn them all down they try to guilt me into eating it saying they bought it just for me and they want me to enjoy myself (even though thats not true).

i havent shared with them that i'm trying to lose weight because when i have in the past theyve been toxic about it in many different ways. my dad for example will make sarcastic and judgmental comments and jokes at my expense, and my mom will start trying to feel my waist every day to check if im getting smaller which makes me really uncomfortable. they also will act as if i think im better than them if i eat healthy foods, like as if me making my dietary choices is an insult to them. i went grocery shopping the other day to buy my own things with my mom and she was making faces and asking why i needed those vegetables etc.

im not great at defending myself, and their behaviors cause me a lot of anxiety, so i've chosen to bypass those stressors by just not telling them im trying to lose weight. however, by not telling them, they keep filling the house with junk. im thinking i should just face my fears and tell them im trying to lose weight, but i dread the thought of it cause i know theyre gonna engage in those toxic behaviors that have sabotaged me and destroyed my self esteem in the past. i dont want to gain everything back, and im down here until the 22nd of january. Any advice?

how do you deal with family members who dont support you in your weight loss?

TLDR; toxic family doesnt know im trying to lose weight, tries to stuff me full of junk. im stuck here a month. any advice?

submitted by /u/SwampPriestess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Zx7gro

No comments:

Post a Comment