Monday, December 30, 2019

I'm going to have spent my entire TWENTIES fat.

TLDR - I have made progress with weight loss before, but eventually ended up back at the same weight. I am turning 29 in two months, if I fail my weight loss regimen this time - I will have spent my entire 20s FAT. This is oddly motivating.

More info This post is not to be shaming myself, I'm more writing just writing to write. I am a successful person in a lot of areas of my life but haven't been able to ever achieve my goal of being in great shape even though it's something I've strived for since I was 18.

I aways pictured myself enjoying my youth as a fit person but have been teetering between moderately overweight and slightly obese bmis. I think I always thought I had more time to be young and in shape, but I can not BELIEVE how fast 10 years goes. In my twenties I did a lot of traveling, built a really great tech business, met a lot of people, but the entire time I spent it uncomfortable in clothing, even avoided pool parties while traveling, was concerned about health, and just generally wasn't proud of my physique.

Now I am a year from 30 - settled down, getting married, and will have kids in a few years. Not that this isn't exciting too, but you don't have the time to enjoy yourself as freely with these responsibilities.

Anyway - I am working on a "life" program for setting business and health goals that has you picture what a "hell" it will be to regret not achieving your goals in 5 years - and it made me come to the realization of how much it bothers me that my "youth" is coming to an end and I was overweight the entire time. Maybe this can serve as a warning to others in their early 20s - don't play fast as loose with your health?

Anyway - I have been doing great on my current program and have committed to being under 200 in the weeks after my 29th birthday.

submitted by /u/treyt42
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2tkmHHp

No comments:

Post a Comment