Friday, December 27, 2019

Maintaining over Christmas and getting back on track

M/32 SW: 300lbs/136kg CW: 198/90kg GW: 187-193/85-88kg

I thought I'd share my maintenance journey since hitting my goal weight in October.

As you can see from my goal weight I set myself a range of weights for maintainence rather than a single weight, as all these weights represent the upper range of healthy BMIs for my height and they allow for indulgences when I want, as long as my core diet remains well-observed.

You will also notice that I have crept well beyond the limits I set for myself due to Christmas feasting. I knew I was gaining; all the bloating, stretching, uncomfortable feelings that come with it were fully present but I didn't stop myself as I have lost a ton of weight this year and maintained for two months and felt I deserved to gorge on previously forbidden fruits.

This morning I got on the scales and felt... relieved to see the scales at only 90kg. That might sound weird but I was expecting worse, somehow. I usually measure in KG so to be only 2kg above my max acceptable weight range was comforting. I know I can get back down to 88 in 2 weeks if I'm very careful so I should be down to 85 by mid to late Feb.

This is a big mindset shift for me. I know that before this most recent weight loss journey I would have felt the gains and just avoided the scales and continued gaining. Now I know that I can get the reins back and start losing again. I have accepted that as someone with a sugar addiction in a world surrounded by sugar its a case of managing that addiction, not expecting to cure it. If I expect to 'cure' it and never eat sugar again then when I inevitably fail to keep that promise I will revert back to the cycle of self hatred, self recriminations, secret eating, comfort eating and rapid weight gain. I don't want to carry that guilt with me again.

My main goal for 2020 is to stay under 87 for the full year. My stretch goal is to shift my acceptable range down to 82-85kg (180-187lbs) but that is a much lower priority.

For anyone who gained over Christmas, don't beat yourself up about it. Weight maintenance is not a race or even a marathon, it's about being healthy both mentally and physically. Set realistic expectations for yourself and live your best life.

submitted by /u/james_suzhou
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EVMp7M

No comments:

Post a Comment