Tuesday, December 24, 2019

NSV/Milestone - I paced my fastest mile ever since starting my weight loss journey!

Hi! I’m not new to the community, I’ve been an avid reader, but never posted my own story! However, I needed somewhere to share, because I truly was beyond excited! For reference, I’m 26, 318 pounds & currently -60 lbs since Nov ‘17.

This year, I challenged myself to find something to keep myself active while still enjoying myself. I’ve been guilty of not staying fully committed in my fitness journey, but through numerous health issues, I’ve learned that I need to take care of myself while I’m still going.

I decided to try my hand at 5K runs. In the past I’d done 3 or 4 over a 4 year span. This year, I challenged myself to do 5. It was a small goal that I’d set to push my limits. And here I am, less than a year later, and I’m obsessed!

Running has been a saving grace for my mental & physical health. I usually pace between a 19-21 minute mile, which, by comparison, isn’t great, but for someone who’s 300+ pounds, I’d like to think it’s better than nothing.

A couple weeks ago, I completed my last 5K for the year, my SEVENTEENTH this year. Turns out, I love to jog/walk/run. And my very last mile of the year, was 17’57”. It was an exhilarating feeling! My fastest mile, probably ever! I wasn’t necessarily aiming for a PR, but I was so thrilled to hit one!

Running has actually been a great way for me to stay in shape & has been absolutely essential in my fitness journey this year! Thought I’d share with my fellow Losers!

submitted by /u/jenuinely_me
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZlzSnu

No comments:

Post a Comment