Thursday, December 26, 2019

Unexpected Success!

I (23F) have a family full of women perpetually trying to lose weight. My mom, my aunts, my female cousins, all are constantly trying out new diets to try to lose weight. And every time I come home, no matter if I weight the same or have even gained 50 pounds, they always tell me "omg you've lost so much weight, you look so good!". It's just what they do (not to my normal weight sister though, hmmmm)

Well this year, I've actually lost 25 pounds in the past few months, even though I personally can't see a difference in the mirror. But over Christmas, I still heard the usual from them, "you've lost so much!". And even though I actually DID this time, it meant nothing because they say that no matter what.

Today though, my uncle, my very critical, not kind uncle, asked me how I lost so much weight! He said it was very noticeable and that I looked great, and he was trying to get healthier and wanted to know what I did.

It felt amazing!!! For the first time since I started losing, I finally had someone notice that I lost, that I actually trusted! I didn't realize how much that would mean to me until it happened, since I've still had tons of people commenting on my weight loss, I just didn't believe them apparently.

It really meant so much to me, especially coming off of Christmas. I didn't completely gorge myself like in years past, but I still ate well over maintenance for 3 days straight. It was planned of course, I knew I would eat more with all the once a year goodies, alcohol, and big breakfasts and dinners, but I still felt a little guilty, like I was setting myself back. And I know that long term, I didn't even gain a pound, and that for the rest of my life holidays like Christmas will entail eating quite a bit more than normal. But it's hard to accept that someone's when you're in weight loss mode! So it really felt good to hear someone acknowledge my loss and it helped bring me back to the reality that 2000 extra calories over maintenance across 3 days is not going to kill my progress, and that I'm working on a lifestyle change where I eat less on most days but can still indulge during the holidays like everyone else.

Sorry this is so long, just wanted to share my excitement!!!!

Also side note: it was amazing to me that I wasn't really even thinking about restricting over the last few days, but I found myself just not even wanting a lot of the stuff is usually eat. I still indulged and ate desserts and drank alcohol, but I found myself just naturally passing up on lots of desserts I'd normally eat that were only ~okay~ and focusing on eating smaller portions of the delicious desserts that genuinely make me happy instead of just eating anything with sugar for the sake of it

submitted by /u/Lesmiserablemuffins
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q0uSBS

No comments:

Post a Comment