Sunday, December 29, 2019

Training for the Military with Hypothyroidism

21F | 5' 2" | HW/CW: 180 lbs | GW: 135-140 lbs

Hi all!

I am kind of sort of at the beginning of my weight loss journey. I've done CICO several times in my life, sometimes with minimal exercise and sometimes not. Recently though, I've made the decision to join the US Navy which means I have to lose weight and get down to military standards. At the same time, I have also been monitoring my thyroid for the past year because many of my family members have hypothyroidism/Hashimoto's, and I wanted to get a jump on it if it was going to be a problem in my life.

I started really preparing for the Navy at the beginning of December after going through processing and being temporarily disqualified due to my weight. I currently work out six days a week. Two days I work with a personal trainer at a local YMCA and the other days I practice distance running on a treadmill. I also am at a calorie deficit eating around 1200-1500 calories a day. I haven't lost a single pound (even gained a pound or so some weeks), and talked to my doctor about it possibly being due to my thyroid. My blood tests came back last week showing some signs of hypo, so she put me on a low dose of medication to see if it changes anything

My main questions are: what kinds of workouts do you do if you have hypothyroidism? What foods do you purposefully eat and don't eat to help with weight loss and hypo (I've seen a lot of avoid this and eat this online)? How long did it take to get down to your goal weight with hypo making it difficult?

Sorry for such a long post for only a few questions! I figured some background info would be helpful. Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/ejoze
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2QuZdaD

No comments:

Post a Comment