Thursday, December 26, 2019

Weight loss made difficult by health issues and being workout adverse

A little info on me: I’m 23, female, 5’8”, and as of 10 minutes ago, I weigh 240lbs. My goal is to be back to 160lbs. I’ve steadily gotten heavier over the years. I’ve never been very skinny but my weight started being on an increasing pattern since around 2016. In 2014, I was about 160lbs, for reference. I haven’t been eating healthily per se but I don’t eat junk food either. My biggest issues are sweets (a huuuuge sweet tooth) and fried stuff.

My husband works in law enforcement, so he is constantly working out and staying in shape. I haven’t thought much of it but this past week, especially with Christmas and all, I’ve pondered on his dedication. Even with 12-hour shifts, this man wakes up early, gets his ass to the gym, and then swims for one hour after work.

I, on the other hand, am the laziest couch potato ever. I recognize this is an issue that I’ve been postponing for ages now. Running seems like hauling bricks to me. Lifting weights is OK but I need more than that to lose weight. I was just never able to keep myself motivated enough to work out consistently for a long period of time.

I also have some health issues that are likely contributing to this. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism, both of which have weight gain as a symptom. I’m not making excuses, though. I don’t eat a lot quantity wise and except for the sweets and occasional fast food 2-3 times/mo, my weight gain is likely a result of these health issues, as well.

Today I’ve decided to take action. I have no excuses really. My job isn’t requiring me to be in an office if I don’t want to so I can make time to exercise and cook healthy food. My husband already has strong workout habits so I have his support there. I also made an appointment with my doctor to see if there’s anything to do about my conditions to ensure better results.

My plan is: - start walking 30-45 minutes/day, then gradually get into running - go to the gym 4 times/week for swimming, cycling, lifting weights - maybe join a yoga class or something - consume 1300 calories/day (as recommended by MyFitnessPal) - decrease sweets consumption

Thank you for reading my manifesto. 😂 Any suggestions you guys may have? Any tips? Goals to set? Also, congrats to everyone on this sub, you guys are awesomely accomplished!

submitted by /u/MortgageQuestion101
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39g7iIY

No comments:

Post a Comment