Friday, December 27, 2019

[NSV] I'm dropping my wedding ring off to be resized

https://imgur.com/a/EheTgrt

My weight had gone up and down a lot with an adult low of around the time I was dating my now wife. Years back I went months without wearing my wedding ring because it was far too tight. Eventually I broke down and got it resized so I could wear it again. At that time I felt like I'd given up and accepted my weight as a new normal.

Since June I've worked hard with calorie tracking through MFP. I set the goal to 2 pounds a week and made myself track everything before I ate it. I still eat lots of crap, but I know exactly how many calories is in it. I made sure I got up throughout the day to walk around while at work. I started walking/jogging at least three days a week in the evenings. I started following this sub to read stories and find motivation/hints from people who've been there.

With everything and all the weight lost it never really felt like I was making progress. Sure the scale said I was down, but I still felt like the failure that had given in all those years back. No matter what I lost I still had clothing in the closet that was too small. But recently I noticed that every time I washed my hands I had to work to keep my ring from just falling off. And now I get to have it resized again and it all finally feels real, that I'm making progress and undoing the damage.

I'm thankful to everyone on this sub that share their stories. Mixed in with the successes it seemed like once a week I see a post about how someone is making progress on the scale but not feeling like they were getting anywhere. I would always relate to those. Now, for me, it has all become real. I kept working at it and out of nowhere a life event (my ring almost falling off) suddenly made it all worthwhile. I have a lot father to go to hit a healthy weight but I hope that everyone plugging away at weight loss this upcoming year has that moment where it all sinks in.

submitted by /u/Democracis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Q3bGDx

No comments:

Post a Comment