Saturday, December 28, 2019

Ready to Get Serious

Hi there. I am a former college swimmer, who is now staring down 40, and can barely go up a flight of stairs without getting winded. I have struggled with my weight for 20 years, wildly fluctuating. I am now at my heaviest ever at about 290. I got married in September, and my wife tells me I carry it well, but I feel miserable. I just switched jobs, and my precious job had high levels of stress, and I ate like an unsupervised 12 year old. I recently saw an old teammate, and was embarrassed at how I felt and looked. Something has got to change.

I'm ready to make the change. We are joining a local club, and hopefully my wife can be my accountability partner. We are going to really work on our diet as well. I hope to share my weight loss journey here.

My goal to start is 40 pounds, and anything after that is bonus. I really want to start running 5k and 10k again, however my weight, combined with scar tissue from an old knee surgery, currently limits that activity for me.

I look forward to sharing my journey and gaining inspiration from people that are going through the same things I am.

submitted by /u/TheeShawnDee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/351D0Gw

No comments:

Post a Comment