Thursday, December 26, 2019

The difference a year makes (1 year progress)

Good day. About a year ago, I started my weight loss journey. I decided to go to the gym 2 times a week minimum. I cut soda and a majority of sugary drinks from my diet. I unfortunately did not weigh myself when I started. In April, 8 months ago, I posted on here for the 1st time. At that time, I was 368lbs. I had managed to keep my gym commitment for all but 1 week. I had said at that point that I would start tracking my calories with my fitness app. And now after 8 months, I want to share my progress.

I unfortunately could not stick to counting my calories entirely. It was more work than I anticipated and I wasn't ready to get that serious about it if we're being honest. However, I did try to be mindful of what I was eating throughout the year. Almost like keeping track in my head by using estimates. It was at least somewhat effective. As of December 1st, I weighed 315lbs, which puts my total weight loss since April at 53lbs. My goal had been to be under 300lbs by the end of the year, which I will not be hitting it looks like. This month has been very tough for my diet and exercise. I got a tattoo which took my out of the gym for a week. And with the holidays everyone has sharing my biggest weakness at work; sweets.i know I could have been stronger, but I think I needed the break to enjoy myself a little.

However, January is right around the corner and I'm ready to tackle this with full force. I'm going to commit to CICO completely starting today. Not only that, but I'm going to continue looking for healthier options for my meals. I just need to find what works for me. I just know my diet needs to improve. If anyone has any tips I would love any sort of help. Good, low calorie foods to eat, how you control your impulse to eat, anything like that. I will continue to go to the gym twice a week at least. My goal is to get to 250lbs by the end of 2020. So only 65lbs to go. If you read this, thank you for your time. Thank you all for being inspiring everyday. I'll see you all in 2020.

submitted by /u/FlyingFish13
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2rtMpc2

No comments:

Post a Comment