Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Don't Get Discouraged During the Holidays

Over the past 3 days I've had my self control tested in every way possible. I never knew how easy it is to eat nothing but fast food when you are Christmas shopping. Up until this year I wasn't the one who helped with the shopping. I don't normally eat fast food that often. Yesterday I saw a movie with my family and let myself indulge in the treats there. My point is that don't be afraid of making mistakes. We are all going to make mistakes when it comes to weight loss. You will have bad days and you will have good days. Don't give up.

After 3 days of craziness and gaining 2 pounds of water weight I am not giving up or getting discouraged. It's important to move on and keep trying. Christmas is one of the hardest times of year to keep the weight off. Don't get mad at yourself if you slip.

My biggest hurdle is yet to come. My family is doing our annual fondue party on New Years Eve. I'm a little nervous because that is the easiest day of the year for me to pig out on everything. I know I can find a way to get through it however. Somehow, even if I have to eat at maintenance I'll get through that day. If I mess up I'll just try again the next day.

This year has been great for me and hard at the same time. I almost lost all my progress. My starting point in 2014 was 204 and I hit the 190s in July again. then I had one heck of a plateau that lasted 3 months. I pushed through and now I'm back to 173 as of today. I got here because I pushed through my mistakes, and you can do it too. I just had to find my self control again.

I'm so close to my next goal of 169. I am hoping to get there by early next year. I haven't been in the 160s since 2015. My ultimate goal is somewhere around 120 lbs I think.

Happy Holidays, Metty Christmas, and Happy New Year. You can do this!

submitted by /u/Starya
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Qgqy07

No comments:

Post a Comment