Friday, May 29, 2020

2 Year Change

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this subreddit and I'm happy that I found this place. My heaviest recorded weight was 250 (it's possible that I went to 260, but I can't prove it) and that was May 2018, also when I graduated college.

After graduation, I had a job lined up in the fall, so I had the summer to do whatever I wanted. I started going on walks just to past the time, and a month after I graduated, I went to the doctor's office for a checkup and asked if I intentionally lost weight (I lost 10 lbs since my last recorded weight, so now at 240). I didn't even realize I lost weight! I left the office thinking to myself that if I could lose some weight without trying, then I could lose more weight if I put effort into it.

I realized that I wasn't stressed or emotionally eating anymore because I wasn't in school, so I made the point to keep up my changed eating habits. I learned to tackle my stress and emotions in healthier ways by reading, listening to music, etc.

In November of 2018 (my birth month, approx 6 months later), I got into the Onederland! I haven't been this low since freshman year of college. I had tears in my eyes because I was patient and committed.

May 2019 (a year later), I got to 175. My weight loss significantly slowed down, but that didn't stop me! I continued to cook healthier foods, get a workout in, and decreased my alcohol consumption.

Months go by and my weight remains between 175 and 180. I kept telling myself I don't know why the scale isn't moving. Looking back I was snacking often and eating larger portion sizes because I got careless and comfortable. March 2020 when stay-at-home orders were issued, I managed to get back on track because I didn't buy snacks or junk food (less income sadly). Now May 2020, I'm at 165 and I am proud of my accomplishments. I hope to continue this lifestyle as I move onto the next phase of my life, which is grad school.

My overall message to everyone: Keep moving forward and don't look back! You have the power to change your lifestyle, you just have to be determined and patient.

submitted by /u/luvduvbunny
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c8YKDS

No comments:

Post a Comment