Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Adjusting deficit for short women?

So I'm a (barely) 157cm (5'2) woman and for most of my weight loss (105kg down to 65kg! aka 231lb to 141lb for the americans in the chat)

I've sort of cruised along with a daily calorie intake of 1200-1300, and this worked out fine when I was heavier, but now I'm at 65kg and I'm plateauing like crazy. Getting from 70kg to 65kg was the hugest struggle and it took a relatively long time compared to my earlier rate of loss. Now I know the science behind why that is but I'm having some trouble working out what my updated deficit should be, and I think it's because I'm short. The app I use says I should eat at 1400 calories which seems??? way too high, and I tried that and guess what! I gained weight. It was a slow gain, yes, but I still gained. So I dropped back to between 1200-1300 cals and - I lost no weight at all. I very comfortably maintained the same weight for over a month. So I know my new maintenance - great!

The trouble is all those resources I'm reading, my app (MyNetDiary), people I've spoken to etc, all say that eating under 1200 is not good for the body etc, and yet when I finally got really pissed off by my plateau and cut it strictly back to 1000 cals per day as an experiment, I've lost that 5kg.

Short ladies who have been there, done that, what did you do? Are those 1200 minimum rules for taller people only? Judging from what I'm seeing, shorter women have to play by their own rules when it comes to deficits, but I'm a bit worried about going too low (my app has been mad at me ever since I went under 1300 rip).

What's too low, when you're short?

submitted by /u/cuireadh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d8QZ1T

No comments:

Post a Comment