Monday, May 25, 2020

I lose 1-2lbs of water weight every week and dont make actual progress in weight loss despite working out almost every day and staying under 1600 calories

Hello all! I held of posting here until I had been doing this routine for a while now. I have been eating at a calorie deficit for about 4 weeks- my basal metabolic rate is~ 1600 calories, I am relatively active and stay under 1600 daily. I feel like I have been not losing, and generally spiraling. I do obsessive behaviors like calculating my weight loss calories on various sites over and over, buying into macro counting things, taking free “assessments” advertised to me on IG, buying “fit track” scales, and generally feeling hopeless.

Some back story: The only times I have ever lost weight in my life have been in spurts. Its almost always kick started with eating only foods that make me lose water weight, and then gradually that translates into fat burning and suddenly I am 15 lbs down and getting positive praises before I know it. That translates, of course, in my head as “unless you are 15lbs less you are failing.”

Of course, this routine has not been sustainable for me. I know that calories in, calories out is the way to lose fat- but I am not seeing it on myself. I believe I have gained some muscle from bike riding and youtube workouts I have been doing, I feel toned and stronger; but the numbers haven’t budged AND I also don’t feel smaller/ look very different. Im sorry for wining, but I also wanted to post here to keep myself accountable and open any and all advice regarding this post.

Did I calculate my calories wrong? I have tried a more severe deficit and just felt starving (1400ish) but if thats what it takes for me at least I have that answer. That app noom suggester 1200 calories, which??? How?

There is SO much mixed information out there on nutrition, and I’m just craving for it to be simpler than all that. Thank you all for reading my rant and any advice. Happy Memorial Day!

If it helps at all, my stats: I’m female, 5’6 and 175. Goal weight is 160 and body fat percentage is around 25%. Im a mesomorph that gains in the thigh/butt area.

submitted by /u/TonxSoprano
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36v1I4m

No comments:

Post a Comment