Thursday, May 28, 2020

My weight loss journey (so far)

Hi all!

I started my diet in February and so far I lost 6kg! Went from 83kg to 77kg. I don't see a difference in the mirror yet but my clothes went from a size 44 to 40 so far, so all is going well! (EU clothing size)

My goal is to reach clothing size 36/38 and not pay too much attention to the number on the scale itself.

I've always struggled with my weight but in different ways in the past. When I was 11 I used to be underweight because I kept seeing myself as 'fat' in the mirror. After treatment I was better, but seeing this wrong image of myself will always be a problem.

When I was 14 I got ill with a muscular disease but still contained a healthy weight for years. That all changes when I reached age 19. I couldn't exercise anymore and was put on a new medication that had weight gain as a side effect. I gained 30kg in 1 year and wasn't able to lose it for years to come.

I started eating less and less thinking I would lose weight that way, but boy was I wrong. My body went in a kind of survival mode thinking there wasn't enough food around and saved every little thing I ate. So that resulted in even more weight gain.

In February I decided to seek professional help with a nutritionist. She made me eat 3 proper (and healthy) meals per day. Which was and still is hard because I'm never hungry. So I need to remind myself to eat and even put an alarm on my cellphone. Now 3 months later I'm amazed by the progress and that I lost weight by eating more. But I feel much better already and will continue until I reach my desired clothing size of 36/38 🙃

Thanks for the read!

submitted by /u/DepensWhoIsAsking
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2AkkMpK

No comments:

Post a Comment