Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Focus on how you look and feel! Not the numbers

I've been on a weight loss journey for about 4 months now and only 7lbs away from my GW. But honestly, I feel like it's still not enough.

I stumbled upon a post where someone asked how much weight they should lose based on their BMI and instead of giving her a number answer, I said something that even I surprised myself when I said it.

I told her that instead of setting a goal weight, try focusing on how she looks and feels as she loses weight–check herself everyday until she's happy and confident in the way she looks. Let's face it, we will never be satisfied no matter how low the number on the scale goes, we'll always want it to go lower.

I realized weight loss is one, big numbers game. We all aim to weigh less, be healthier and be thinner. We set a target goal weight and once we hit it, we plan to bring it lower. But really, the numbers on the scale/tape is just a small part of what we should focus on. Getting thinner doesn't necessarily mean being happier. In the end, it all goes down to whether or not we're happy and confident with the way we look.

I'm not discouraging weight loss, I'd just like to put into perspective that there should be more than physical improvement when it comes to losing weight.

submitted by /u/IntrovertTrashx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2X1zvPy

No comments:

Post a Comment