Sunday, May 31, 2020

Boyfriend & I are both losing weight - is he eating too little?

Hi! My boyfriend and I are both currently on our weight loss journey. We started on May 9th. As of today, I'm (F, 23, 5'3") down to 192.8lbs from 200.2lbs. My boyfriend (M, 23, 6') is down to 191.2lbs from 202lbs. I obviously have a much longer way to go, but that's okay. I'm tracking my calories daily with MFP and am currently eating ~1,400 calories per day. My boyfriend, however, isn't tracking his calories and has a much higher TDEE than I do. He is a lot more active than I am on a daily basis (20+ mile bike rides and 5 mile walks through the city at least 5x a week).

The reason I'm worrying is not because he's losing weight faster. I make all of our meals daily and he eats roughly the same amount as me, if not just a tad more (like one extra low calorie sandwich or a snack of carrots & hummus). I've offered to track his calories with MFP too but he declined. I'm a bit paranoid that he isn't getting enough calories and I've tried making adjustments to meals so he eats a little more. All the calorie calculators say he should be eating ~2,000 calories to have a safe/sustainable weight loss and I can guarantee he isn't reaching that. While I may not be tracking his calories with MFP, I am mindful of how many are in what he eats (weighing out/measuring servings). I've spoken to him about this and he isn't concerned because he doesn't feel hungry or ill. He does acknowledge that he's eating pretty much the same as me with little difference. I've tried giving him bigger portions but he fills up fast on whatever he eats (but eats more often). So that doesn't really work. Because I have more to lose to reach my goal, I worry that if I can't find ways to bump up his calories that he'll continue to have a high deficit when he should be switching to maintenance. Or that I'll start eating more so that he will.

I know it's hard to say without completely tracking his calories, but am I right to be a bit worried? What would you guys recommend? I really just want to make sure that we're BOTH having a safe and sustainable journey. Thanks for your help.

submitted by /u/aavoiid
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TUKdFC

No comments:

Post a Comment