Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Can you critique my diet/advise me please?

Hi,

I am a 5"9.5' female currently weighing 148lbs. I've lost about 13lbs since starting CICO in mid March. I aim to lose about 4-6 more lbs. The TDEE calculator said that my maintenance calories were around 1700, and to lose weight, i'd need to eat about 1200 a day. Similarly, i've read that a 3500 calorie deficit = a couple lbs of weight loss a week so I figured 1200 was the calorie goal for me and it has been working nicely.

A quick read of this sub has me a bit worried that i set my calorie goal too low but I haven't really struggled to stick to it. Anyways, I just learned about the potential metabolic benefits of a diet break and thought I might try it for a week or so before cutting a few more lbs and moving to maintenance.

I don't really know what i'm doing so watched some Jordan Syatt and someone else explaining some academic articles which were really informative but I still feel quite unsure and worried about ruining my progress and getting it all wrong. For the diet break, how many calories should I be increasing to? Jordan Syatt says like 200-300 over a week. I'm only planning on breaking for a week really. I'm worried about not getting back on the wagon. And how do you go about transitioning from losing to maintaining? Any advice welcomed please.

submitted by /u/StillMissBlockbuster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gtruKT

No comments:

Post a Comment