Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Morbidly obese folks - when does the exercising get easier?

Obligatory "I have been down the weight loss path a time or two before and I know that diet is more important than exercise, I am practicing CICO, but I also want to improve my cardiovascular health."

I used to be in pretty good shape. I was an athlete in high school, worked out regularly in college and for a few years after. I got a desk job and became wildly inactive for a few years, packed on the pounds, stopped exercising, and now find myself morbidly obese. Roughly 5'2" and 250 lbs.

The type of exercise I used to do (running, pilates) is really difficult for me now if not impossible, so I have taken to walking. There's a park by my house, and my goal is to walk around it once a day (more or less, at least 5/7 days per week kind of thing). It's about 1.5 miles around. I have done it about four times now, and it is so. fucking. hard! I am shocked. I sweat like a mofo, it takes me just under an hour, and I have to stop and rest on a bench at least 2-3 times. Mostly it is my lower back and my hips that hurt and cause me to stop and rest.

Anyway, I know this isn't going to change overnight but any insight, morbidly obese folks? When might this start to get a little easier? One day I want to be able to look back and laugh at how hard it was to walk 1.5 miles... I'd like to get back to running 5K's! In time...

submitted by /u/hiimathrowawayacct
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3d7FJTu

No comments:

Post a Comment