Sunday, May 31, 2020

Anyone have success getting to a healthy weight without calorie counting?

I am 22F, I weigh 175lbs and I'm 5'2. I used to have an eating disorder as a teenager which involved heavy restricting. In ""recovery"", I basically switched over to binging instead. Now I am obese and it is very hard for me to cope with, so obviously I would like to lose weight (40lbs specifically).

I have made huge changes in my life - I no longer binge eat (Brain Over Binge changed my life) and I have cut down on take out/delivery by 95%. I still eat my favourite snacks when I get stoned but in small amounts and I walk about 1-2 hours per day, at least six days a week. I am trying to add some workout videos in for strength 3ish times a week but I am not as consistent with that right now.

I have tried calorie counting since becoming overweight and I immediately went back to restricting heavily. I am too obsessive and competitive with myself. I am just starting to be comfortable with losing weight slowly and healthily. I am starting to feel discouraged because I feel like I cannot be successful if I don't accurately measure CICO, but I am scared to calorie count and get on a path to killing myself again, I value my life now.

I would love to hear whether people have lost weight without calorie counting and what changes they made that they felt made the biggest difference. I guess I'm in search of reassurance I am on the right track, my perception of weight loss is extremely skewed.

submitted by /u/lunarosie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BkR0BZ

No comments:

Post a Comment