Thursday, May 28, 2020

CICO consistency

My partner and I were just discussing if there are any benefits or cons to eating the same caloric intake every day to lose weight versus settings a weekly cap on calories and eating different amounts every day?

As an example I am a petite woman eating about 1300-1400 calories on average, for a 1 pound a week weight loss. Usually I stick to this but some days I might log only 1100 calories when my appetite is low or I was quite sedentary. The next day I might eat an additional 200 calories or so.

I know sometimes eating less can lead to bingeing for some but it's seems to work out for me, and I still lose weight every week. I also know that it is not recommended for women my height and weight to eat under 1200 calories regularly due to nutrition concerns, so I keep that in mind. Sometimes I just am not too hungry and figure why not eat the extra 200 calories the next day in a snack of a beer or two. Sort of a mini cheat day but never more than maintenance calories (about 1700-1800). So far I have lost 15 pounds over 3 months (5'4, 145-130 lbs).

Any thoughts?

submitted by /u/tellmeguru
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XbX87Z

No comments:

Post a Comment