Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Little weight loss victories

First of all, apologies for any grammar mistakes, English is not my first language, mamma mia! :c

So, as a premise, I always had a very good sense of fashion. Not to brag. The problem is that, having being fat for all my life, I couldn't really dress as I liked.

Lately though, having lost over 20 kgs in the spawn of a year, and finally having a healthy BMI (but most importantly, a healthy body image), I could finally indulge in some wild shopping, being able to find my size in all clothes store (and not having to go to the plus size section). I can finally create my style exactly as I like it.

Today my mom borrowed one of the pants I bought to go out with her friends and she said something along the lines of: "I'm so happy that we can finally exchange clothes" as she hugged me. It may seem an insignificant thing, but it truly hit me.

Like, I've always deprived my mom of that kind of bonding. She has always been a tiny woman and very fashionable, so until just a year ago we didn't even look like mother and daughter. I've never really cared about my looks, because I didn't like myself. She would always ask me if I wanted my makeup done by her, if we wanted to go shopping together, and I shrugged it off. She would do that mostly for me, but I can understand that maybe she also wanted to have those kind of moment with her daughter for a personal satisfaction, and now that she can have it, I feel that we can be a little closer than before.

Obviously, she's also very happy for me, because I look like a totally different person not only on the outside, but mostly on the inside. I'm confident, I care for myself and happier than ever.

Weight loss is never only about vanity. Is about the little things you never thought were that important.

submitted by /u/Aristofreaky
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ZHMCr0

No comments:

Post a Comment